Q3 has been an incredibly busy quarter for global regulators.
We could fill pages with acronyms describing the new requirements for financial institutions, but we will spare you that.
Instead, RegBeacon will provide an overview of the latest developments in the regulatory landscape as well as updating you on what the JWG team has been up to.
If the regulators have been, busy we at JWG have been equally so. We have hired Blythe Barber as our new Managing Director, grown the JWG team and moved into new offices.
In addition to this, we have, across all our meeting groups, hosted over 20 firms and 100 individuals to get to the bottom of some of the key operational challenges in regulation at the moment.
We have also developed, in consultation with our members, a robust agenda for CDMG in 2016. Please get in touch with the team if you would like to know more.
In big news, the Royal Bank of Scotland received the prestigious Banking Technology ‘best use of IT for the purposes of risk/regulatory management’ award because they got the way they manage trade and transaction reporting obligations right. Many leading technologists helped JWG’s RegDelta platform underpin the effort. For more information see here.
To help put the regulatory year so far in perspective, our members-only newsletter, RegBeacon, is now available online.
In this issue you can find:
- Feature: Confusion and delays as we head to 2016
- JWG actions in Q3 – our quarterly report card
- CDMG update – what we learnt from 80+ professionals from 15 firms in Q1
- MIG update – how our sell-side only MiFID II implementation group is progressing
- RegTech update – our online platform has seen a huge uptake in readership this quarter. Here we list the most popular articles
- RegDelta – we are now up and running with 10 firms and developing a new module
- Training update – an overview of another successful implementation training course delivered by the JWG team.
We hope you enjoy this members-only snapshot. Let us know if there are any issues on which you are stuck – we can help get you through!
Members: after logging in, you can find RegBeacon under ‘Intelligence’ or in the CDMG and MIG members’ areas.